Weatermatic SL1600 Controller
Indoor / Outdoor Rated
Expandable to 16 stations using the SLM4 4 zone modules
The SmartLine® irrigation controller is designed to maintain the health and quality of your landscape while conserving water to minimize your operation cost. The SmartLine® controller can perform Standard timed watering schedules or, with the addition of the optional SLW Series On-Site Weather Station, the controller's Auto Adjust mode will analyze "on site" weather data to automatically set optimum watering times for each zone, based on Weathermatic's patented methodology. Auto Adjust will also save water by automatically setting run and soak cycles to minimize runoff.
Features and Benefits:
4 - 48 zones with only 4 models; slide-in 2-zone modules in the SL800 and 4-zone and 12-zone modules in the SL1600, SL1624, SL4800 provide expandability for every job and changing landscapes.
- Indoor/Outdoor Rated
Commercial SL1600, SL1624, SL4800 models keep inventories low with one model for indoor or outdoor use.
- Dial Programming
Professional contractors can set up any SmartLine controller in munutes; control panel is removable to allow "in the zone" programming.
- Backlit LCD
No flashlight required in dark basements and garages.
- Built-In Valve Locator
Locate hidden valves by simply listening for the audible chatter of the solenoid created by a unique electrical current (patent pending)
- On-Board Multi-Meter
Displays the electrical current reading of each zone for quick troubleshooting and a proactive approach to maintenance.
- Master Valve/Pump Settings
Achieve hydraulic control with settings for zone to zone delays and master valve timing.
- Manual Test Settings in Seconds
Complete a walk-thru in a fraction of the normal time by manual test set to as little as 10 seconds/zone.
- Omit Times/Days/Dates
Automatically comply with local water restrictions; eliminate irrigated water lost to evaporation in the heat of the day; stop irrigation on lawn maintenance days; never water on the date of an annual event (ex: July 4th).
- SL1600 – 4 zone base model (expandable to 16 zones using the SLM4 4 zone module) (indoor / outdoor rated)
- SL1620 – 20 zone model (indoor / outdoor rated)
- SL1624 – 24 zone model (indoor / outdoor rated)
- Fault review displays all faults, including open and shorted zones.
- Diagnostic test function using on-board multi-meter displays transformer voltage; milliamp measurement for each zone.
- Built-in valve locator function for locating hidden valves by simply listening for the audible chatter of the solenoid created by a unique electrical frequency (patent pending).
- Review menu displays accumulated ET deficits by zone (in inches) and corresponding zone run times for the next available watering day.
- Review menu displays maximum run time and minimum soak time used during Auto Adjust mode.
- Review menu displays temperature readings (daily high/low) for previous 5 days.
- Review menu accumulates total run times by zone from the last reset date.
- Review menu provides the ability to clear deficits for all zones.
- Rain delay of 1 - 7 days may be selected (to pause and automatically resume operation).
- SLW weather station extended rain delay programmable from 0-99 hours.
- Run/Soak cycles allow setting of maximum run time and minimum soak time by program for use in Standard mode only.
- Zone-to-zone delay programmable for 1 min. - 3 hrs. to accommodate slow closing valves and recharging of water supply.
- Master valve timing sequence with zone valve programmable by "On Delay" (1 sec. - 1 min.; 2 sec. default) and "Off Delay" (1 sec. - 3 min.; 5 sec. default) to allow for line fill and slow closing valves.
- Master valve/pump start operation assignable On/Off by zone.
- Clear program function to selectivity delete an individual program.
- Clear All function to delete all programs.
- Backtrack Stored Program™ feature allows contractor to easily store a default program and retrieve the saved program in the event a customer improperly reprograms the SL1600