UF18 White 18 AWG Direct Burial Irrigation Wire (500 ft roll)
18 AWG White Irrigation Wire (500 ft. roll)
UF18 Direct Burial Single Strand Controller Wire
White single strand irrigation wire is typically the common wire within sprinkler systems. Generally a single run of white irrigation wire is ran from the controller to the first valve in the system, and then consecutively to each additional valve in the system, finally terminating at the last sprinkler valve.
Conductor construction is soft drawn bare copper meeting the requirements of ASTM Specifications B-3. Guage sizes 18 and 16 are solid conductors.
The insulation is a high quality polyvinylchloride (PVC) for systems applications of up to 150 volts and conductor temperatures up to 60°C.
- Application: Suitable for use as power and control wire for irrigation systems.
- Insulation: Polyvinylchloride (PVC)
- Temperature: 60°C
- Voltage: Up to 150 volts
- Conductor Size: 18 awg
- Insulation Thickness: .045
Material must be able to pass the following test without showing signs of degradation:
- Cold Bend: The insulation shall not show any cracks when sample is bent around a 3X mandrel after being subjected to -25°C for four (4) hours.
- Electrical: AC test voltage, 60 seconds at 5,000 volts.
- Sunlight Resistance Test: Samples conditioned for 300 hours of carbon-arc or xenon-arc exposure.
No posts found